Shras and Doyle

Go down

Shras and Doyle

Post  Ellen Doyle on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:58 am

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

It didn't take long for Gunnery Sergeant Ellen Doyle to clean up. One of the first skills she learned in Marine training was how to muster on a moment's notice. A quick sonic shower and her hair was clean and pulled back in a short and neat little ponytail, her uniform pressed and neatened by the sonic vibrations in the process.

Unfortunately, she was still recovering from the aftereffects of being hungover, and her iced coffee wasn't helping. I really should figure out how to suppress that part of the process sometime... She thought briefly to herself. ...oh well, the old addage applies till then. Don't make yourself drunk unless you plan to pay for it in the morning...or noon, as the case maybe.

She only had one piece of lugage, a carry-on dufflebag, which made the next steps of her morning easier as she reached the Betazed precinct's transporter room. "One to transport to the USS Rhode Island in orbit. Engage."

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

<tag>

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shras and Doyle

Post  Shras/Eiri on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

It didn't take long for Gunnery Sergeant Ellen Doyle to clean up. One of the first skills she learned in Marine training was how to muster on a moment's notice. A quick sonic shower and her hair was clean and pulled back in a short and neat little ponytail, her uniform pressed and neatened by the sonic vibrations in the process.

Unfortunately, she was still recovering from the aftereffects of being hungover, and her iced coffee wasn't helping. I really should figure out how to suppress that part of the process sometime... She thought briefly to herself. ...oh well, the old addage applies till then. Don't make yourself drunk unless you plan to pay for it in the morning...or noon, as the case maybe.

She only had one piece of luggage, a carry-on dufflebag, which made the next steps of her morning easier as she reached the Betazed precinct's transporter room. "One to transport to the USS Rhode Island in orbit. Engage."

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

Shras was ready and waiting in the transporter room when the Gunnery Sergeant Ellen Doyle. His antennae twitched as he looked her over once she had materialized on the pad. "Welcome aboard Gunny Doyle. I am Commander Shras. I'll be your executive officer aboard the Rhode Island. She's a fine ship." He held out a PADD to her. "Here are the personnel files for everyone you will be responsible for and the current duty roster. Please feel free to make changes as you see fit." He turned a little, toward the doors. "Would you like to see your quarters? I will brief you on the way if you like."

He wasn't the most intimidating of Andorians, but he still held himself in a serious way. The smile on his face was strained, almost like his face was not used to smiling, his dark eyes, serious. The antennae on top of his head though, seemed to have their own ideas about things. One would swivel forward and the other back and then they would both focus on Ellen for a few moments before spinning away again.

<tag>
Shras/Eiri

View user profile http://kyphi5.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen Doyle on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 am

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

She only had one piece of luggage, a carry-on dufflebag, which made the next steps of her morning easier as she reached the Betazed precinct's transporter room. "One to transport to the USS Rhode Island in orbit. Engage."

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

Shras was ready and waiting in the transporter room for Gunnery Sergeant Ellen Doyle. His antennae twitched as he looked her over once she had materialized on the pad. "Welcome aboard Gunny Doyle. I am Commander Shras. I'll be your executive officer aboard the Rhode Island. She's a fine ship." He held out a PADD to her. "Here are the personnel files for everyone you will be responsible for and the current duty roster. Please feel free to make changes as you see fit." He turned a little, toward the doors. "Would you like to see your quarters? I will brief you on the way if you like."

He wasn't the most intimidating of Andorians, but he still held himself in a serious way. The smile on his face was strained, almost like his face was not used to smiling, his dark eyes, serious. The antennae on top of his head though, seemed to have their own ideas about things. One would swivel forward and the other back and then they would both focus on Ellen for a few moments before spinning away again.

Doyle cocked an eye at the very blue first officer and slung her dufflebag over her shoulder as she stepped off the transporter dias to accept the offered datapad. "Not even waiting for me to ask 'permission to come aboard', huh?" The Sergeant asked sarcastically as she studdied the PADD for a moment and then frowned slightly. "...I would like to check out my duty stations, but dropping off my things first would propbably be a good idea." ...also good to know where I'm supposed to sleep one off, she added silently. "Lead the way, Commander."

<tag>

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

Shras was ready and waiting in the transporter room for Gunnery Sergeant Ellen Doyle. His antennae twitched as he looked her over once she had materialized on the pad. "Welcome aboard Gunny Doyle. I am Commander Shras. I'll be your executive officer aboard the Rhode Island. She's a fine ship." He held out a PADD to her. "Here are the personnel files for everyone you will be responsible for and the current duty roster. Please feel free to make changes as you see fit." He turned a little, toward the doors. "Would you like to see your quarters? I will brief you on the way if you like."

Doyle cocked an eye at the very blue first officer and slung her dufflebag over her shoulder as she stepped off the transporter dais to accept the offered datapad. "Not even waiting for me to ask 'permission to come aboard', huh?" The Sergeant asked sarcastically as she studied the PADD for a moment and then frowned slightly. "...I would like to check out my duty stations, but dropping off my things first would probably be a good idea." ...also good to know where I'm supposed to sleep one off, she added silently. "Lead the way, Commander."

He headed out, walking next to her, his eyes on the other PADD in his hands. "We will be headed for the Gavarian Frontier in the next few days, once we get our full compliment on board. Have you been there before?" His eyes never left the PADD but his antennae swung around to look at her. "I've been there a few times myself, but never really had much chance to explore. I'll expect any changes to your duty roster to be submitted by tomorrow. Your full staff should be on board by tonight. Not to step on your toes, but I would suggest a meeting to explain to your crew exactly what you expect from them."

<tag if you want to respond>

He led the way to the turbolift and after a short ride he led the way to her quarters. He stood in front of the door and gestured for her to go ahead. "These will be yours for the remainder of your time on board."

<tag>
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen Doyle on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

Doyle cocked an eye at the very blue first officer and slung her dufflebag over her shoulder as she stepped off the transporter dais to accept the offered datapad. "Not even waiting for me to ask 'permission to come aboard', huh?" The Sergeant asked sarcastically as she studied the PADD for a moment and then frowned slightly. "...I would like to check out my duty stations, but dropping off my things first would probably be a good idea." ...also good to know where I'm supposed to sleep one off, she added silently. "Lead the way, Commander."

He headed out, walking next to her, his eyes on the other PADD in his hands. "We will be headed for the Gavarian Frontier in the next few days, once we get our full compliment on board. Have you been there before?" His eyes never left the PADD but his antennae swung around to look at her. "I've been there a few times myself, but never really had much chance to explore. I'll expect any changes to your duty roster to be submitted by tomorrow. Your full staff should be on board by tonight. Not to step on your toes, but I would suggest a meeting to explain to your crew exactly what you expect from them."

"I know the drill, Commander." Ellen replied. "I may not be commissioned, but I've had leadership before...even experience with Starfleet Security before 'going green', as it were." ...and the Gavarian Cooridor...been there too, once... she added silently.

He led the way to the turbolift and after a short ride he led the way to her quarters. He stood in front of the door and gestured for her to go ahead. "These will be yours for the remainder of your time on board."

Doyle opened the door and glanced about the room. "Spacious...having my own room will take some getting used to."

The Gunnery Sergeant unceremoniously tossed her bag into the room, which made a muffle clanging sound reminscent of metal wrapped in cloth. She then stepped into the quarters, spung around once on her heels and then walked right out back out and closed the door. "Well, that's that then. Shall we head to the bridge? I do actually have some questions about this assignment and refit to ask on the way."

<tag>

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:04 am

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

Unfortunately, she was still recovering from the aftereffects of being hungover, and her iced coffee wasn't helping. I really should figure out how to suppress that part of the process sometime... She thought briefly to herself. ...oh well, the old adage applies till then. Don't make yourself drunk unless you plan to pay for it in the morning...or noon, as the case maybe.

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

"I know the drill, Commander." Ellen replied. "I may not be commissioned, but I've had leadership before...even experience with Starfleet Security before 'going green', as it were." ...and the Gavarian Corridor...been there too, once... she added silently.

Doyle opened the door and glanced about the room. "Spacious...having my own room will take some getting used to."

The Gunnery Sergeant unceremoniously tossed her bag into the room, which made a muffle clanging sound reminiscent of metal wrapped in cloth. She then stepped into the quarters, spun around once on her heels and then walked right out back out and closed the door. "Well, that's that then. Shall we head to the bridge? I do actually have some questions about this assignment and refit to ask on the way."

Shras nodded, his antennae bobbing up and down with the motion. "Bridge it is then. I will endeavor to answer any questions you have." He did not seem to think her behavior unusual at all. He turned back to the hallway and headed back to the turbolift.

<tag>
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen Doyle on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

Unfortunately, she was still recovering from the aftereffects of being hungover, and her iced coffee wasn't helping. I really should figure out how to suppress that part of the process sometime... She thought briefly to herself. ...oh well, the old adage applies till then. Don't make yourself drunk unless you plan to pay for it in the morning...or noon, as the case maybe.

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

"I know the drill, Commander." Ellen replied. "I may not be commissioned, but I've had leadership before...even experience with Starfleet Security before 'going green', as it were." ...and the Gavarian Corridor...been there too, once... she added silently.

The Gunnery Sergeant unceremoniously tossed her bag into the room, which made a muffle clanging sound reminiscent of metal wrapped in cloth. She then stepped into the quarters, spun around once on her heels and then walked right out back out and closed the door. "Well, that's that then. Shall we head to the bridge? I do actually have some questions about this assignment and refit to ask on the way."

Shras nodded, his antennae bobbing up and down with the motion. "Bridge it is then. I will endeavor to answer any questions you have." He did not seem to think her behavior unusual at all. He turned back to the hallway and headed back to the turbolift.

"Right then, first concern." Ellen said as she kept pace with the taller blue-skinned man. "I couldn't help but notice the somewhat laughable amount of members of the ship's security department...or rather, the lack thereof. I take it Starfleet didn't adjust the crew ratio when it refitted the Rhode Island from Science Vessel?"

<tag>

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

"Right then, first concern." Ellen said as she kept pace with the taller blue-skinned man. "I couldn't help but notice the somewhat laughable amount of members of the ship's security department...or rather, the lack thereof. I take it Starfleet didn't adjust the crew ratio when it refitted the Rhode Island from Science Vessel?"

Shras snorted. "We're still working on that, but you will have a full compliment (of NPCs) by the time we leave for the Frontier. It is something we have been struggling with a little bit." His antennae were keeping a close watch on her as they entered the turbolift. "Main bridge," he announced. "Any help you can offer with the crew ratio would be appreciated."

<tag>
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen Doyle on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

Shras snorted. "We're still working on that, but you will have a full compliment by the time we leave for the Frontier. It is something we have been struggling with a little bit." His antennae were keeping a close watch on her as they entered the turbolift. "Main bridge," he announced. "Any help you can offer with the crew ratio would be appreciated."

"I've got a few ideas to try...most of them even follow the standard regulations of armed engagement." Ellen smirked. "Having such a small department means we'll have to get creative with tactics to even the field. Who do I talk to about reserving a holodeck for training?"

<tag>

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 am

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

Shras snorted. "We're still working on that, but you will have a full compliment by the time we leave for the Frontier. It is something we have been struggling with a little bit." His antennae were keeping a close watch on her as they entered the turbolift. "Main bridge," he announced. "Any help you can offer with the crew ratio would be appreciated."

"I've got a few ideas to try...most of them even follow the standard regulations of armed engagement." Ellen smirked. "Having such a small department means we'll have to get creative with tactics to even the field. Who do I talk to about reserving a holodeck for training?"

"The holodecks are free for use for anyone at the moment. Once we get underway that may change, but for now if there's no one already in there have at it... as they say." He chuckled as if this was funny in some way. "For now. Welcome to the bridge."

<tag>
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen Doyle on Wed May 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

"The holodecks are free for use for anyone at the moment. Once we get underway that may change, but for now if there's no one already in there have at it... as they say." He chuckled as if this was funny in some way. "For now. Welcome to the bridge."

The bridge was moderately lit and technicians scurried about applying finishing touches to various auxilary systems. A few panels where being installed and some of the alert status lighting fixtures were removed to allow access to the circuitry beneth. The main operational consoles at the front, flight control and operations, where already active of course, as were several others.

Tucked away in a large alcove in the back, behind the command level was the Master Situation Display on the back wall, currently displaying the blue and silver logo of the United Federation of Planets...and right in front of it, on a raised platform, was a large curved console built between two support pillars. A semi-opaque white sheet was placed over it, indicating it's status as a recent and as of yet unused fixture.

It was this station that caught Sergeant Doyle's attention. "I'm guessing that's the tactical station?" She asked pointing towards it. "I've been on the bridge of a few Nova-class ships in the past, they're all slightly different of course, but this bridge's main design appears similar enough and none of them had that."

<tag>

Doyle walked over to the console and took hold of the white sheet. She waited a moment, either out of hesitation or simply for dramatic effect, and the in one swift and sudden movement, pulled the sheet of the console revealing the smooth shiny black surface of the control panels, waiting to be powered up.

<tag>

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Thu May 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

The bridge was moderately lit and technicians scurried about applying finishing touches to various auxilary systems. A few panels where being installed and some of the alert status lighting fixtures were removed to allow access to the circuitry beneth. The main operational consoles at the front, flight control and operations, where already active of course, as were several others.

Tucked away in a large alcove in the back, behind the command level was the Master Situation Display on the back wall, currently displaying the blue and silver logo of the United Federation of Planets...and right in front of it, on a raised platform, was a large curved console built between two support pillars. A semi-opaque white sheet was placed over it, indicating it's status as a recent and as of yet unused fixture.

It was this station that caught Sergeant Doyle's attention. "I'm guessing that's the tactical station?" She asked pointing towards it. "I've been on the bridge of a few Nova-class ships in the past, they're all slightly different of course, but this bridge's main design appears similar enough and none of them had that."

Shras grinned. "That's the one. I've had to re-familiarize myself as well. I've only served aboard a Nova class once before and that was a long time ago. With the refit everything just a little bit different. So we've had to work hard and fast just to know where everything is." He chuckled softly.

Doyle walked over to the console and took hold of the white sheet. She waited a moment, either out of hesitation or simply for dramatic effect, and the in one swift and sudden movement, pulled the sheet of the console revealing the smooth shiny black surface of the control panels, waiting to be powered up.

"Sort of exciting to have a brand new console isn't it?"

<tag>
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Mon May 07, 2012 2:58 pm

[[OOC: I think we can wrap this one up, yes?]]
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen Doyle on Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

Shras grinned. "That's the one. I've had to re-familiarize myself as well. I've only served aboard a Nova class once before and that was a long time ago. With the refit everything just a little bit different. So we've had to work hard and fast just to know where everything is." He chuckled softly.

"In a way..." Doyle replied with a smirk as she placed her hand on the console panels. "...last time I had a dedicated bridge station at my disposal, it was on a hundererd year old klingon bird of prey during the hieght of the Dominion War...unbelievably jury-rigged with loose circuits and covered in scorchmarks and scars."

The Gunnery Sergeant turned around to the MSD at the back of the alcove and placed her hand next to the UFP symbol. "Computer. Activate Bridge Master Situation Display. Code Doyle-3147-Beta."

The UFP symbol vanished as the large wall display blinked out for a moment, before becoming lit up again with a detailed schematic of the Rhode Island's interior and various basic systems and internal sensor data readouts. Doyle traced the schematic lines with her eyes, commiting them to memory and planning out her first patrol to get herself familiar with the ship's cooridors and locations.

"So, Lieutenant Commander Shras, have you assigned me to a duty shift yet?" She asked.

<tag Shras>

[[Yip, just fill in the tag, and Doyle will act accordingly to finish it up, unless you want to finish it up]]

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 am

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

"In a way..." Doyle replied with a smirk as she placed her hand on the console panels. "...last time I had a dedicated bridge station at my disposal, it was on a hundererd year old klingon bird of prey during the hieght of the Dominion War...unbelievably jury-rigged with loose circuits and covered in scorchmarks and scars."

The Gunnery Sergeant turned around to the MSD at the back of the alcove and placed her hand next to the UFP symbol. "Computer. Activate Bridge Master Situation Display. Code Doyle-3147-Beta."

The UFP symbol vanished as the large wall display blinked out for a moment, before becoming lit up again with a detailed schematic of the Rhode Island's interior and various basic systems and internal sensor data readouts. Doyle traced the schematic lines with her eyes, committing them to memory and planning out her first patrol to get herself familiar with the ship's corridors and locations.

"So, Lieutenant Commander Shras, have you assigned me to a duty shift yet?" She asked.

"Alpha shift for now. Although, do not get too settled into that shift, it might change." His antennae spun around as if they were taking in the rest of the goings on on the bridge, before they settled on her again. "I expect a report at 0800 tomorrow on the performance of the equipment."

<wrap up tag! =P>

Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen Doyle on Fri May 11, 2012 10:34 am

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

The UFP symbol vanished as the large wall display blinked out for a moment, before becoming lit up again with a detailed schematic of the Rhode Island's interior and various basic systems and internal sensor data readouts. Doyle traced the schematic lines with her eyes, committing them to memory and planning out her first patrol to get herself familiar with the ship's corridors and locations.

"Alpha shift for now. Although, do not get too settled into that shift, it might change." His antennae spun around as if they were taking in the rest of the goings on on the bridge, before they settled on her again. "I expect a report at 0800 tomorrow on the performance of the equipment."

"With respect Commander, I haven't even met my team yet..." The marine said with a slight frown. "...let alone have the time to do any diagnostic worth a damn on any of the tactical systems or armory gear in such a little time...and from what I'm seeing the board, most of these systems have never been fired up yet. The report will be pretty bare, unless you want me to include and just focus on my own personal arsenal of knives, archaic disputors and my personal sidearm."

<tag: sorry, wanted to finish, but that last bit was a little off, logic-wise...>

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Fri May 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

"With respect Commander, I haven't even met my team yet..." The marine said with a slight frown. "...let alone have the time to do any diagnostic worth a damn on any of the tactical systems or armory gear in such a little time...and from what I'm seeing the board, most of these systems have never been fired up yet. The report will be pretty bare, unless you want me to include and just focus on my own personal arsenal of knives, archaic disruptors and my personal sidearm."

Shras laughed, which was a strange clicking noise. "Even if it's bare bones I just want to know your progress over the day. Don't worry so much about volume. It's content is what I'm interested in. As we try to get everything up and ready to go I'll need all the reports I can get from everyone... Does that make more sense?"

<tag>
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen Doyle on Fri May 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Betazed
January 9th, 2387
1224 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 9th, 2387
1225 HRS

"Alpha shift for now. Although, do not get too settled into that shift, it might change." His antennae spun around as if they were taking in the rest of the goings on on the bridge, before they settled on her again. "I expect a report at 1600 tomorrow on the performance of the equipment."

"With respect Commander, I haven't even met my team yet..." The marine said with a slight frown. "...let alone have the time to do any diagnostic worth a damn on any of the tactical systems or armory gear in such a little time...and from what I'm seeing the board, most of these systems have never been fired up yet. The report will be pretty bare, unless you want me to include and just focus on my own personal arsenal of knives, archaic disruptors and my personal sidearm."

Shras laughed, which was a strange clicking noise. "Even if it's bare bones I just want to know your progress over the day. Don't worry so much about volume. It's content is what I'm interested in. As we try to get everything up and ready to go I'll need all the reports I can get from everyone... Does that make more sense?"

"Yes sir." Doyle replied. "One report, at the end of my first shift at 1600 tommorrow, coming up."

The marine glanced back at the MSD another quick look. "Well, I suppose I better go get my quarters in order and track down my 'squad'. Thank you for the tour, Commander Shras."

Doyle straightened up slightly and gave a quick salute and then turned on her heels to exit out of the aft turbolift.

((Edited the time to make more sense, if that's okay with you...Alpha Shifts are typically (0800-1600) and Doyle handing in a report before she's even done anything doesn't make much sense...))

Ellen Doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri on Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 pm

[[ I posted this in the mission 0 forum. Smile I'm going to go ahead and lock this one now. ]]
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum