Providence Fleet Yards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Departure Joint Post

5 posters

Go down

Departure Joint Post Empty Departure Joint Post

Post  Virkov Tue May 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Bridge, USS Rhode Island
January 11, 2387, 1200 hrs

Autumn turned her head to do a sweeping view of the tidy bridge of the USS Rhode Island. The pertinent senior staff were all at their stations, and she could see Lieutenant Retol anxiously gripping the helm console in anticipation. She smiled at this, and nodded politely at the Romulan at the Ops console, before fixing her gaze directly onto the viewscreen.

"I suppose now's as good a time as any. Let's go around the horn."

She pressed a few panels on the console between her and Shras. A loud boatswain's whistle sounded throughout the ship.

"Attention all hands: This is Commander Darby-Holmes. In a few moments we will be departing Betazed and the safety of the Federation's core, on our way to the Gavarian Corridor and from there the Frontier. I don't have to tell any of you how treacherous the area is, you've all been made aware or already know. I expect you to perform admirably, to the best of your abilities, and to support one another on the long trip ahead to Deep Space 10 at the mouth of the corridor. All departments, report in with ready status. Darby-Holmes out."

She looked down at her console as yellow standby lights turned to green for all departments. She nodded, and said "Very good. Helm, set course and speed. Deep Space 10, Warp 7. Take us out."

<tag Retol>

She stood from her seat, and began to snap out orders. "Science, keep long range scanners on passive. Despite us making a bee-line, we do need to maintain an eye out for anything unusual. Ops, let's see if we can't get some more efficiency on the auxiliary systems like the medial and lateral sensor arrays. Security, let's get some training drills scheduled for tactics against Romulan and Cardassian boarders and ground troops. I'm certain Centurion tr'Deletham will lend his expertise on the former."

She turned to Shras, and said "Shras, you have the bridge for the time being. I've got an appointment to keep.

<tag for the rest of y'all. Just because the CO's gone, don't let that stop you Smile >
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

https://providencefleetyards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Departure Joint Post Empty Re: Departure Joint Post

Post  Retol Ayan Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Bridge, USS Rhode Island

Autumn turned her head to do a sweeping view of the tidy bridge of the USS Rhode Island. The pertinent senior staff were all at their stations, and she could see Lieutenant Retol anxiously gripping the helm console in anticipation. She smiled at this, and nodded politely at the Romulan at the Ops console, before fixing her gaze directly onto the viewscreen.

She pressed a few panels on the console between her and Shras. A loud boatswain's whistle sounded throughout the ship.

"Attention all hands: This is Commander Darby-Holmes. In a few moments we will be departing Betazed and the safety of the Federation's core, on our way to the Gavarian Corridor and from there the Frontier. I don't have to tell any of you how treacherous the area is, you've all been made aware or already know. I expect you to perform admirably, to the best of your abilities, and to support one another on the long trip ahead to Deep Space 10 at the mouth of the corridor. All departments, report in with ready status. Darby-Holmes out."

She looked down at her console as yellow standby lights turned to green for all departments. She nodded, and said "Very good. Helm, set course and speed. Deep Space 10, Warp 7. Take us out."

"Deep Space 10, Warp 7, Aye," Ayan called, finally letting his hands flow across the console. The ship banked down and to the right as it broke free of Betazed's gravity. He spared a brief moment to watch as the planet faded from view, smiling at the memory of his wedding and brief honeymoon. Now he had a second planet to call home.

Ayan entered the final command and the ship leaped forward into warp. "Warp 7, Commander. On course and on time with expected mission arrival," he said, proud of the little ship.

She stood from her seat, and began to snap out orders. "Science, keep long range scanners on passive. Despite us making a bee-line, we do need to maintain an eye out for anything unusual. Ops, let's see if we can't get some more efficiency on the auxiliary systems like the medial and lateral sensor arrays. Security, let's get some training drills scheduled for tactics against Romulan and Cardassian boarders and ground troops. I'm certain Centurion tr'Deletham will lend his expertise on the former."

She turned to Shras, and said "Shras, you have the bridge for the time being. I've got an appointment to keep.

<tag for the rest of y'all. Just because the CO's gone, don't let that stop you >
Retol Ayan
Retol Ayan

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Fri May 11, 2012 1:12 am

Bridge, USS Rhode Island

"Deep Space 10, Warp 7, Aye," Ayan called, finally letting his hands flow across the console. The ship banked down and to the right as it broke free of Betazed's gravity. He spared a brief moment to watch as the planet faded from view, smiling at the memory of his wedding and brief honeymoon. Now he had a second planet to call home.

Ayan entered the final command and the ship leaped forward into warp. "Warp 7, Commander. On course and on time with expected mission arrival," he said, proud of the little ship.

She turned to Shras, and said "Shras, you have the bridge for the time being. I've got an appointment to keep."

Centurion tr'Delatham smirked, almost as if he approved of the captain's comment towards him. Though he only found humor in the way she had worded it, and decided to remain quiet until a security officer approached him. He began to get to work on the sensor arrays, pressing large and colorful buttons that reminded him of the gooey insides of exotically flavored Romulan Osol Twist tarts. After a moment his focus faltered as he imagined the buttons sticking to his fingers. He paused and rubbed his eyes to refocus himself, then got back to work.

<tag crew >
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri Fri May 11, 2012 1:29 am

Bridge, USS Rhode Island

She turned to Shras, and said "Shras, you have the bridge for the time being. I've got an appointment to keep."

Shras nodded and stood. "Aye, sir," he replied, taking up the center seat.

Centurion tr'Delatham smirked, almost as if he approved of the captain's comment towards him. Though he only found humor in the way she had worded it, and decided to remain quiet until a security officer approached him. He began to get to work on the sensor arrays, pressing large and colorful buttons that reminded him of the gooey insides of exotically flavored Romulan Osol Twist tarts. After a moment his focus faltered as he imagined the buttons sticking to his fingers. He paused and rubbed his eyes to refocus himself, then got back to work.

<tag crew>
Shras/Eiri
Shras/Eiri

http://kyphi5.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Garrett Thu May 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Bridge, USS Rhode Island

Shras nodded and stood. "Aye, sir," he replied, taking up the center seat.

Garrett’s eyes sparkled as the Rhode Island accelerated through warp factors, thin white starlines drifting past on the otherwise impenetrable black of the viewscreen. Experiencing nature and its grandeur never failed to enrapture him as nothing else could, but the thrill of casting off the hawsers and plying the heavens anew was still no small pleasure. His hands fluttered across his console, applying a balance between long-reaching sensor range and resolution. If anyone or anything interesting entered a very large expanse of the void surrounding the ship, he’d be the first to notice it, and he dared not miss the opportunity. Then again, interesting phenomena and life forms were all around him on the bridge, as well. He cast his eyes around, observing his crewmates. In front of him sat the imperturbable Andorian XO, the towering Bajoran helmsman (height made no less imposing by his seated position)… and the Romulan operations officer. Tr’Delatham was proving thus far to be an imposing, intriguing enigma, and not only due to his species. It’ll be an interesting time, bargaining with him for sensor resources and whatnot, Garrett thought.

<tag crew>
Gerard Garrett
Gerard Garrett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum