Providence Fleet Yards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Party JP

5 posters

Go down

Dinner Party JP Empty Dinner Party JP

Post  Virkov Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

As Autumn stepped out of the turbolift, hand in hand with her daughter Gwendolyn, she had a pang of momentary regret for not being in uniform. In order to get to the Observation Lounge, she would have to cross the bridge, and instead of opting to wear her stuffy formal dress uniform, she wore a classic white evening gown instead. She let the moment pass, and instead chuckled softly for a moment, whispering to Gwendolyn, “Prepare to laugh.”

The pair stepped onto the bridge, and the ensign on bridge watch stood to announce her presence, but decided against it given what she was wearing. He instead smiled brightly at her, and said “You look very nice tonight, sir. Enjoy the view.”

She winked slyly at him, and remarked “Carry on, ensign,” before walking into the Observation Lounge. As the door closed behind the pair, Gwendolyn started giggling. The crewmen setting up the catering in the lounge stopped briefly, and only continued when Autumn waved at them to continue.

She turned to the replicator, and said “English Breakfast Tea. Hot, two sugars,” and waited patiently as the drink materialized. She stepped out of the way so that her daughter could replicate a beverage as well. Her breath caught for a moment as she looked out of the large window in the room. It had a sweeping view of Betazed itself, the Opal Sea being directly in view. She put her hand to her mouth for a moment, and smiled. The bridge duty ensign had specifically altered the Rhode Island’s orbit to provide the view.

“Wow,” Gwendolyn remarked, simply.

“Wow indeed. Okay Gwen, don’t eat anything before the rest of the staff gets here. I probably shouldn’t have brought you up at all, but I’d like set the appropriate model that this is a family ship. So be on your best behavior.”

Gwen gave her mother’s hand a tight squeeze before walking around the table perusing the food choices. Autumn smiled, and waited for her crew to arrive.

<<Tag All Senior Staff. Use proper JP etiquette, and please timestamp your arrival. Thanks!>>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

https://providencefleetyards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dinner Party JP Empty Re: Dinner Party JP

Post  Shras/Eiri Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:47 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

As Autumn stepped out of the turbolift, hand in hand with her daughter Gwendolyn, she had a pang of momentary regret for not being in uniform. In order to get to the Observation Lounge, she would have to cross the bridge, and instead of opting to wear her stuffy formal dress uniform, she wore a classic white evening gown instead. She let the moment pass, and instead chuckled softly for a moment, whispering to Gwendolyn, “Prepare to laugh.”

The pair stepped onto the bridge, and the ensign on bridge watch stood to announce her presence, but decided against it given what she was wearing. He instead smiled brightly at her, and said “You look very nice tonight, sir. Enjoy the view.”

She winked slyly at him, and remarked “Carry on, ensign,” before walking into the Observation Lounge. As the door closed behind the pair, Gwendolyn started giggling. The crewmen setting up the catering in the lounge stopped briefly, and only continued when Autumn waved at them to continue.

She turned to the replicator, and said “English Breakfast Tea. Hot, two sugars,” and waited patiently as the drink materialized. She stepped out of the way so that her daughter could replicate a beverage as well. Her breath caught for a moment as she looked out of the large window in the room. It had a sweeping view of Betazed itself, the Opal Sea being directly in view. She put her hand to her mouth for a moment, and smiled. The bridge duty ensign had specifically altered the Rhode Island’s orbit to provide the view.

“Wow indeed. Okay Gwen, don’t eat anything before the rest of the staff gets here. I probably shouldn’t have brought you up at all, but I’d like set the appropriate model that this is a family ship. So be on your best behavior.”

Gwen gave her mother’s hand a tight squeeze before walking around the table perusing the food choices. Autumn smiled, and waited for her crew to arrive.

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

Shras was the next though the door, wearing his formals, his antennae twitching as he purveyed the room. He snapped to attention for Autumn, his posture perfection. "Sir, XO Shras reporting for duty." He was aware that this was a party setting but he had not seen the captain since she came on board and he wanted to get it right the first time. He would have gladly given up his own command a thousand times for this opportunity and he didn't want Captain Holmes to miss his enthusiasm.

<tag Autumn>

He relaxed his stance and looked around the room some more. "This looks like a nice meal..." the Andorian commented with a stiff little smile. "How have you been? You look well. I see you have brought your daughter. I don't believe we have ever met. I am Lieutenant Commander Chewrath Shras ch'Ghorev, but you, little miss, may call me Shras." Again there was a stiff smile and a little bow at Gwendolyn. His antennae spun in opposing circles and then both focused on the girl.

<<Tag All Senior Staff. Use proper JP etiquette, and please timestamp your arrival. Thanks!>>
Shras/Eiri
Shras/Eiri

http://kyphi5.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Garrett Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

Shras was the next though the door, wearing his formals, his antennae twitching as he purveyed the room. He snapped to attention for Autumn, his posture perfection. "Sir, XO Shras reporting for duty." He was aware that this was a party setting but he had not seen the captain since she came on board and he wanted to get it right the first time. He would have gladly given up his own command a thousand times for this opportunity and he didn't want Captain Holmes to miss his enthusiasm.

<tag Autumn>

He relaxed his stance and looked around the room some more. "This looks like a nice meal..." the Andorian commented with a stiff little smile. "How have you been? You look well. I see you have brought your daughter. I don't believe we have ever met. I am Lieutenant Commander Chewrath Shras ch'Ghorev, but you, little miss, may call me Shras." Again there was a stiff smile and a little bow at Gwendolyn. His antennae spun in opposing circles and then both focused on the girl.

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

The dress uniform was a peculiar sensation after several weeks of the weathered sets of practical, multi-pocketed clothing Garrett preferred when he was living in the field. Field biologists tended to be informal creatures by nature, and it took a moment’s thought for him to recall when he’d last needed to practice this particular form of social signaling. Hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution and we still have to use things like bright colors and shiny collar pips to advertise our social standing. I guess it comes with being a primarily visual species. The thought gave him a smile to share with the bridge crew as he strode toward the observation lounge. Now to meet the Big Boss. I hope she doesn’t mind stray biologists wandering in.

He stopped just inside the door of the lounge, surveying the situation. My current CO, my most recent former CO, and my CO’s teenage daughter. This is going to be small-talk hell for a while, isn’t it? His professional judgment banishing the thought, he cleared his throat and brought his heels together.

“Commander Darby-Holmes, Commander Shras, Miss Darby-Holmes? Junior Lieutenant Gerard Garrett, at your service.” He steadily met the eyes of all three of the others, in order of precedence. “I’ll be your biologist. Since there’s no CSO aboard yet, I thought I should represent our science section, being the… most senior…” His voice trailed off. Even if he doubted they’d do so, there was still a small chance they could politely tell him to go somewhere else for the evening. Whether they let you stay or not, you’ll end up learning a lot about your new command staff just by walking in here. Eyes up, ears open.

<tag urrbody>

Gerard Garrett
Gerard Garrett

Back to top Go down

Post  Retol Ayan Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:28 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

<tag Autumn>

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

The dress uniform was a peculiar sensation after several weeks of the weathered sets of practical, multi-pocketed clothing Garrett preferred when he was living in the field. Field biologists tended to be informal creatures by nature, and it took a moment’s thought for him to recall when he’d last needed to practice this particular form of social signaling. Hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution and we still have to use things like bright colors and shiny collar pips to advertise our social standing. I guess it comes with being a primarily visual species. The thought gave him a smile to share with the bridge crew as he strode toward the observation lounge. Now to meet the Big Boss. I hope she doesn’t mind stray biologists wandering in.

He stopped just inside the door of the lounge, surveying the situation. My current CO, my most recent former CO, and my CO’s teenage daughter. This is going to be small-talk hell for a while, isn’t it? His professional judgment banishing the thought, he cleared his throat and brought his heels together.

“Commander Darby-Holmes, Commander Shras, Miss Darby-Holmes? Junior Lieutenant Gerard Garrett, at your service.” He steadily met the eyes of all three of the others, in order of precedence. “I’ll be your biologist. Since there’s no CSO aboard yet, I thought I should represent our science section, being the… most senior…” His voice trailed off. Even if he doubted they’d do so, there was still a small chance they could politely tell him to go somewhere else for the evening. Whether they let you stay or not, you’ll end up learning a lot about your new command staff just by walking in here. Eyes up, ears open.

<tag urrbody>

1749 Hrs
Fletcher smoothed the front of his uniform down one more time before walking slowly into the room. He briefly looked around at the other officers before he focused on his mentor and her daughter, a small smile on his lips.

"Captain," he drawled. "It's very good to see you and Gwen again, even if Gwen continues to make me feel old by growing up." He turned his head and smiled at the other officers. "Commander and Lieutenant. Our paths seem to have crossed again."

<Tagaroo.>

Last edited by Retol Ayan on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : d'ur fail)
Retol Ayan
Retol Ayan

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:01 am

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

Autumn's smile lit up her face, and she immediately embraced the Andorian in a friendly hug before stepping back again. "Shras, it's so good to see you again. Welcome aboard."

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

Autumn turned to the newcomer, and said with a smile, "Ah Mister Garrett, welcome aboard. I suppose it's as good a time as any to tell you. We've yet to find a suitable chief science officer, and as the senior science officer aboard the ship presently, you're officially promoted to that spot. Congratulations."

<tag for reply if you like>

1749 Hrs
Fletcher smoothed the front of his uniform down one more time before walking slowly into the room. He briefly looked around at the other officers before he focused on his mentor and her daughter, a small smile on his lips.

"Captain," he drawled. "It's very good to see you and Gwen again, even if Gwen continues to make me feel old by growing up." He turned his head and smiled at the other officers. "Commander and Lieutenant. Our paths seem to have crossed again."

Autumn nodded politely to her former pupil, and said "It's so nice to have someone of skill aboard. That I helped create the skill is of course secondary. Welcome aboard, Fletch."

<Tag. And feel free to add stuff in places in your character's stuff, or add things to the rest of the post.>

<<Tag All Senior Staff. Use proper JP etiquette, and please timestamp your arrival. Thanks!>>[/quote]
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam H Carter Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 am

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

Autumn's smile lit up her face, and she immediately embraced the Andorian in a friendly hug before stepping back again. "Shras, it's so good to see you again. Welcome aboard."

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

Autumn turned to the newcomer, and said with a smile, "Ah Mister Garrett, welcome aboard. I suppose it's as good a time as any to tell you. We've yet to find a suitable chief science officer, and as the senior science officer aboard the ship presently, you're officially promoted to that spot. Congratulations."

1749 Hrs

Autumn nodded politely to her former pupil, and said "It's so nice to have someone of skill aboard. That I helped create the skill is of course secondary. Welcome aboard, Fletch."

1755 Hours

He'd been on board for most of the day, but Adam still didn't feel like he'd had enough time to settle in. He hadn't even managed to take a tour of the ship yet. Securing his quarters had taken nearly all of his time. That, and concocting and drinking the formula the holographic Doctor had prescribed. Then fighting down nausea for most of the afternoon. Next time, he promised himself, I'm adding honey.

He arrived slightly later than he'd planned, then, regretting that he hadn't even had a chance to meet the captain. He remembered her from the Wanderer, of course, but that had been months ago and a lot had changed. He paused outside the door, checked to make sure he was still wearing his game face, and swept into the room, a thousand kilowatt smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye.

"Captain Holmes, it's been too long," he greeted her warmly, extending a hand.

<tag>

<Tag. And feel free to add stuff in places in your character's stuff, or add things to the rest of the post.>

Last edited by Adam H Carter on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stuffed up my BBcode... Again.)
Adam H Carter
Adam H Carter

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:43 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

Gwendolyn curtsied, and said "Gwendolyn Holmes. It's very nice to meet you, Commander Shras."

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

1749 Hrs

1755 Hours

He'd been on board for most of the day, but Adam still didn't feel like he'd had enough time to settle in. He hadn't even managed to take a tour of the ship yet. Securing his quarters had taken nearly all of his time. That, and concocting and drinking the formula the holographic Doctor had prescribed. Then fighting down nausea for most of the afternoon. Next time, he promised himself, I'm adding honey.

He arrived slightly later than he'd planned, then, regretting that he hadn't even had a chance to meet the captain. He remembered her from the Wanderer, of course, but that had been months ago and a lot had changed. He paused outside the door, checked to make sure he was still wearing his game face, and swept into the room, a thousand kilowatt smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye.

She shook his hand firmly, and smiling said "Ah Mister Carter. Nice to see you're moving up in the world from the place of a lowly Non Com. I always new you had potential. Welcome aboard."

Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

Surprised at the hug, it took the XO a moment to react and return the hug warmly. When he finally relaxed his stance and looked around the room some more, his smile seemed more genuine. "This looks like a nice meal..." the Andorian commented with a stiff little smile. "How have you been? You look well. I see you have brought your daughter. I don't believe we have ever met. I am Lieutenant Commander Chewrath Shras ch'Ghorev, but you, little miss, may call me Shras." Again there was a stiff smile and a little bow at Gwendolyn. His antennae spun in opposing circles and then both focused on the girl.

Gwendolyn curtsied, and said "Gwendolyn Holmes. It's very nice to meet you, Commander Shras."

"And a pleasure to meet you, little miss. He saluted her and gave her a little wink. "How do you like the ship so far?"

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

1749 Hrs

Shras stood when Fletcher arrived. "Ah Doctor, good to see you again. I do hope that all of my test results came back to your satisfaction?"

1755 Hours

She shook his hand firmly, and smiling said "Ah Mister Carter. Nice to see you're moving up in the world from the place of a lowly Non Com. I always new you had potential. Welcome aboard."

Shras/Eiri
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:32 am

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

Surprised at the hug, it took the XO a moment to react and return the hug warmly. When he finally relaxed his stance and looked around the room some more, his smile seemed more genuine. "This looks like a nice meal..." the Andorian commented with a stiff little smile. "How have you been? You look well. I see you have brought your daughter. I don't believe we have ever met. I am Lieutenant Commander Chewrath Shras ch'Ghorev, but you, little miss, may call me Shras." Again there was a stiff smile and a little bow at Gwendolyn. His antennae spun in opposing circles and then both focused on the girl.

"And a pleasure to meet you, little miss. He saluted her and gave her a little wink. "How do you like the ship so far?"

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

1749 Hrs

Shras stood when Fletcher arrived. "Ah Doctor, good to see you again. I do hope that all of my test results came back to your satisfaction?"

1755 Hours

1757 hrs

Ayan smoothed his uniform one last time. “Ready?” he said, offering his arm to the short Betazed standing next to him. He looked his husband over. “That uniform fits better than any of the others I’ve seen you in, Eiri.”

Eiri blushed and pulled at his collar one last time. “I just wish the collar was not so high and scratchy.” He was nervous and it was easy to tell. They were already going to be late, due to the little counselor fighting nerves of being in a big crowd of people.

Ayan nodded and put his arm around Eiri’s shoulder. “I know, Eiri,” he said, keeping his tone level and doing his best to not be frustrated. “But we really must go in,” he said, using the arm casually slung around the Counsellor to move him forward towards the door to their quarters. “We’re already going to be late to our first meeting with the Captain.”

1805 hrs

Eiri entered the room with a deep breath, one hand tightly in Ayan’s. It was hard to discern for a moment what was talking and what was surface thoughts. He closed his eyes for just a second to separate the two before he could continue into the room, putting on a stiff little smile.

Ayan squeezed Eiri’s hand gently and strode forward into the room, looking around at the assembled officers, his face flushing slightly from embarrassment at being late.“Sorry we’re late, Sir,” he said to the Captain as they approached the party. “Turns out that I don’t fit into my old dress uniform anymore,” he said with a small, bemused smile.

Eiri found them seats and sat politely, his eyes on Autumn. “It is so good to see you again, Captain. I really look forward to working with you again. It is funny how we seem to have come full circle.”

Shras/Eiri
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Garrett Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:41 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

Garrett’s pupils dilated at the unexpected news. I’ll be damned. He felt the huge weight of supervising a science section descending on him at the same moment the almost-narcotic sensation that only came from recognition slowly spread throughout his body. His CO apparently already held a degree of trust in him, and one did not refuse an on-the-spot promotion from the CO Herself.

“Thank you very much, Ma’am,” he replied, relaxing, a note of surprised pleasure warming his tone. “I’ll take excellent care of your research and your researchers.”

<tag if desired>

1749 Hrs

1755 Hours

1757 hrs

Ayan smoothed his uniform one last time. “Ready?” he said, offering his arm to the short Betazed standing next to him. He looked his husband over. “That uniform fits better than any of the others I’ve seen you in, Eiri.”

Eiri blushed and pulled at his collar one last time. “I just wish the collar was not so high and scratchy.” He was nervous and it was easy to tell. They were already going to be late, due to the little counselor fighting nerves of being in a big crowd of people.

Ayan nodded and put his arm around Eiri’s shoulder. “I know, Eiri,” he said, keeping his tone level and doing his best to not be frustrated. “But we really must go in,” he said, using the arm casually slung around the Counsellor to move him forward towards the door to their quarters. “We’re already going to be late to our first meeting with the Captain.”

1805 hrs

Eiri entered the room with a deep breath, one hand tightly in Ayan’s. It was hard to discern for a moment what was talking and what was surface thoughts. He closed his eyes for just a second to separate the two before he could continue into the room, putting on a stiff little smile.

Ayan squeezed Eiri’s hand gently and strode forward into the room, looking around at the assembled officers, his face flushing slightly from embarrassment at being late.“Sorry we’re late, Sir,” he said to the Captain as they approached the party. “Turns out that I don’t fit into my old dress uniform anymore,” he said with a small, bemused smile.

Eiri found them seats and sat politely, his eyes on Autumn. “It is so good to see you again, Captain. I really look forward to working with you again. It is funny how we seem to have come full circle.”

Gerard Garrett
Gerard Garrett

Back to top Go down

Post  Retol Ayan Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:37 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1747 HRS

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1748 HRS

Garrett’s pupils dilated at the unexpected news. I’ll be damned. He felt the huge weight of supervising a science section descending on him at the same moment the almost-narcotic sensation that only came from recognition slowly spread throughout his body. His CO apparently already held a degree of trust in him, and one did not refuse an on-the-spot promotion from the CO Herself.

“Thank you very much, Ma’am,” he replied, relaxing, a note of surprised pleasure warming his tone. “I’ll take excellent care of your research and your researchers.”

<tag if desired>

1749 Hrs

Fletcher nodded back to Autumn. "Thank you, Ma'am," he said. "It's a pleasure to be working with you again. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things for me to do." He turned to the Andorian and again nodded his head. "Yes, Commander, they all checked out just fine. You're fit for duty. And in excellent shape for an Andorian of your age," he added as an aside. His lips twitched into a smile to try to show he was teasing.

1755 Hours

1757 hrs

1805 hrs

Retol Ayan
Retol Ayan

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:32 pm

USS Rhode Island
January 8, 2387
1745 HRS

1747 HRS

1748 HRS

"See to it that you do, Lieutenant," she said with a friendly pat to the back.

1749 Hrs

Fletcher nodded back to Autumn. "Thank you, Ma'am," he said. "It's a pleasure to be working with you again. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things for me to do." He turned to the Andorian and again nodded his head. "Yes, Commander, they all checked out just fine. You're fit for duty. And in excellent shape for an Andorian of your age," he added as an aside. His lips twitched into a smile to try to show he was teasing.

1755 Hours

1757 hrs

1805 hrs

"You two as well," she smiled. "My apologies that I couldn't make the ceremony, I was otherwise occupied getting all of this sorted out."

She turned, and cleared her throat, addressing the entire room.

"Your Attention Please: I want to thank each and every one of you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to join me for dinner tonight. It means a great deal to me that we can come together as a group like this to break bread before we take off into the vast unknown.

"Some of you may or may not know that my previous command was utterly destroyed by the Borg. This has changed my views and the way I operate on many levels. I cannot promise you what the future brings. I cannot promise you that I will always be the kind-hearted doctor versus the hard-lined commander. What I can promise is that I will respect each of you for your abilities, and that I will take any counsel given to me with an open mind. I requested you by name for a reason. You know where we're going, you know what the dangers are, and more importantly, you've worked with me before and I know I can trust you. So with that glowing endorsement, let's eat up because we have a long road ahead."

(JP brought to you by your friendly loveable senior staff.)
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum