Providence Fleet Yards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission 2 - Autumn/Craig

2 posters

Go down

Mission 2 - Autumn/Craig Empty Mission 2 - Autumn/Craig

Post  Virkov Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Main Engineering, USS Rhode Island
12 January 2387, 1900 hours

Pouring over what little data she had on her PADD, Autumn stepped through the wide doors to the Rhode Island’s main engineering area. She smiled at the efficiency of the officers on duty. The whole operation was like a finely tuned machine, with people working only where they needed to be, and no excess crewmen wandering about the deck. She swept her gaze across the deck, stopping when she noticed Lieutenant Benson bent over a console working diligently.

She approached him, and cleared her throat a few feet behind him, saying “Lieutenant Benson, how’s everything going down here?”

[TAG]
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

https://providencefleetyards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission 2 - Autumn/Craig Empty Re: Mission 2 - Autumn/Craig

Post  Craig Benson Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Pouring over what little data she had on her PADD, Autumn stepped through the wide doors to the Rhode Island’s main engineering area. She smiled at the efficiency of the officers on duty. The whole operation was like a finely tuned machine, with people working only where they needed to be, and no excess crewmen wandering about the deck. She swept her gaze across the deck, stopping when she noticed Lieutenant Benson bent over a console working diligently.

She approached him, and cleared her throat a few feet behind him, saying “Lieutenant Benson, how’s everything going down here?”

Craig turned on his heels, standing at attention infront of his Captain, "Captain! Sorry, I didn't even hear you come in!" Wondering if he looked as startled as he felt by Autumns sudden appearance, he adopted a serious demeanor and continued, "As you can see I've got everyone under a very fine whip, at the minute me, Paaku and Seth are working on some upgrades for the ships EPS conduits" Giving a nod to both of them as he spoke there names in turn, "And I've got Ken'zin replicating Warp Coil parts for the freighter. I've got an away team prepped and ready, we're all just waiting on your order."
Craig Benson
Craig Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:50 pm

12 January 2387, 1900 hours[/b]

Craig turned on his heels, standing at attention infront of his Captain, "Captain! Sorry, I didn't even hear you come in!" Wondering if he looked as startled as he felt by Autumns sudden appearance, he adopted a serious demeanor and continued, "As you can see I've got everyone under a very fine whip, at the minute me, Paaku and Seth are working on some upgrades for the ships EPS conduits" Giving a nod to both of them as he spoke there names in turn, "And I've got Ken'zin replicating Warp Coil parts for the freighter. I've got an away team prepped and ready, we're all just waiting on your order."

Autumn smiled brightly at his reaction and said "Thank you for being prepared, but as of right now I'd rather not send anyone over until we determine the uh...nature of their medical emergency to quote the EMH. If they've got something heinous, I don't want us being exposed to it. Right now, what I'd like for you to work on is modifying the tractor beam to keep them equally towed and repulsed at the same time, as well as a way of taking down a portion of their shields to beam supplies through. How feasibly can that be done?"

[TAG]
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Benson Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Autumn smiled brightly at his reaction and said "Thank you for being prepared, but as of right now I'd rather not send anyone over until we determine the uh...nature of their medical emergency to quote the EMH. If they've got something heinous, I don't want us being exposed to it. Right now, what I'd like for you to work on is modifying the tractor beam to keep them equally towed and repulsed at the same time, as well as a way of taking down a portion of their shields to beam supplies through. How feasibly can that be done?"

The engineer quickly began working over the technical details in his head, creating several possibilities to the problem, "The tractor beam shouldn't be too difficult to manage" he said, thinking back to a similar scenario he had been involved in years ago aboard the Robinson, turning to his console, his hands began to fly over the controls, inputting data to begin simulations "as for the shields, I can co-ordinate that between us and their ships' chief engineer." Craig paused as the simulation began to unfold on his screen, "I didn't realize the problem was so serious, I'm guessing it's something a bit worse than the flu we're dealing with then?"
Craig Benson
Craig Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:27 pm

The engineer quickly began working over the technical details in his head, creating several possibilities to the problem, "The tractor beam shouldn't be too difficult to manage" he said, thinking back to a similar scenario he had been involved in years ago aboard the Robinson, turning to his console, his hands began to fly over the controls, inputting data to begin simulations "as for the shields, I can co-ordinate that between us and their ships' chief engineer." Craig paused as the simulation began to unfold on his screen, "I didn't realize the problem was so serious, I'm guessing it's something a bit worse than the flu we're dealing with then?"

"It is," Autumn affirmed. "And Lieutenant, I need you to figure out how to do it strictly by working out the specs of their ship. I don't trust their crew or their engineer. Not with what they have going on over there. I've experienced something similar to it in the past, and suffice it to say it's nasty enough that I'd rather us not have to deal with it if at all possible. No communication with the Siren, and keep this to yourself as much as possible. I need this done quickly and quietly. Can you do that?"

[TAG]
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Benson Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:47 pm

"It is," Autumn affirmed. "And Lieutenant, I need you to figure out how to do it strictly by working out the specs of their ship. I don't trust their crew or their engineer. Not with what they have going on over there. I've experienced something similar to it in the past, and suffice it to say it's nasty enough that I'd rather us not have to deal with it if at all possible. No communication with the Siren, and keep this to yourself as much as possible. I need this done quickly and quietly. Can you do that?"

The tone and serious manner of the Captain lent itself to how truly austere the situation was, Craig suspected there was probably a lot more going on here than just a sick crew with faulty engines, keeping his musings to himself Craig simply nodded. "How far will we be taking them ma'am?" Apart from his own curiosity driving the question, Craig began to calculate a rough guess of how long the modified tractor beam would hold, the destination was another unasked question Craig kept to himself,what good was a Star base or colony if the ship was quarantined to begin with? Was there a hospital ship nearby? I guess we'll find out when we get there.

[TAGGART]
Craig Benson
Craig Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:52 pm

The tone and serious manner of the Captain lent itself to how truly austere the situation was, Craig suspected there was probably a lot more going on here than just a sick crew with faulty engines, keeping his musings to himself Craig simply nodded. "How far will we be taking them ma'am?" Apart from his own curiosity driving the question, Craig began to calculate a rough guess of how long the modified tractor beam would hold, the destination was another unasked question Craig kept to himself,what good was a Star base or colony if the ship was quarantined to begin with? Was there a hospital ship nearby? I guess we'll find out when we get there.

"Not far at all if it can be at all helped. I'll keep you appraised, Lieutenant. That's all for now," Autumn replied with a firm smile. She turned on her heel to leave Engineering. She knew that everything about this situation would seem fishy to Benson, but she had few options on a small ship with a small staff.

{{This JP brought to you by Autumn "Supersecret" Holmes and Craig "Ehwhat?" Benson.}}

Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down