Providence Fleet Yards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical File for Gerard Garrett

2 posters

Go down

Medical File for Gerard Garrett Empty Re: Medical File for Gerard Garrett

Post  Retol Ayan Tue May 15, 2012 8:30 pm

It seemed eons since he had last visited any shipboard medical facility, which was almost a pity, Garrett reflected. While he had no particular fondness for falling ill, a visit to a sickbay was a chance to visit other life science professionals plying their trade. Except you’re not strictly a life science professional anymore. You also do physics and astronomy and chemistry and who the hell knows what else and which of their obscure sub-disciplines. Welcome to being a supervisor! He shook his head. It was possible that this most recent promotion might lead to regular visits to Dr. McNeil to treat acute stomach ulcers, at least until he found his rhythm and adapted to his new job. He passed through the Sickbay doors, lost in thought, until realizing he’d arrived at his destination. He looked around and cleared his throat.

“Doctor McNeil? Anyone? I’m ready for a physical if you’re ready to give it to me.”

"Just a moment!" Fletcher called from his office, finishing his report and rising from his desk. It never failed that when the nurses were off on a break or somewhere else on the ship, someone would wander into Sickbay. He thought briefly of activating the Emergency Medical Hologram to serve as a doorkeeper. Naahh. One could only stand being mocked by the sardonic doctor so much.

He strode out into the main section of the sickbay and smiled at Garrett. "Lt. Garrett," he said. "It's good to see you again. How can I help?" He offered his hand to shake. "Sorry no one was here to greet you. I know Ensign Haro is around somewhere." He chuckled a little.

“They must have you working pretty hard if you’re losing track of a Bolian.” Garrett flashed his easy smile, returning McNeil’s handshake. “Not that I mind seeing you again, either, Doctor. I’ll be an easy patient today; I just figured I’d run in here for the standard medical once-over while I had a minute.”

Fletcher grinned and laughed at the joke. "You'd be surprised," he said. "Nician can be crafty. You'd figure someone that color tone wouldn't be able to sneak up on you when the room is this bland. He's terrified me a few times already," he adds.

He nods and gestures towards the biobed. "Of course. Thanks for being proactive! I have feeling I'll end up having to transport a few people here to get them in." He shook his head. "Fear of medical doctors is one thing I have trouble understanding."

He picked up a PADD. "First off, anything new or different to report since your last physical?" he asked as Garrett got situated.

“I can’t think of much. For a few days on Betazed I thought I’d contracted a GI bug, but I whipped up some herbal brew and that settled things down below. That aside, my health’s been as great as ever. I do try not to bring work outside the lab, especially if it lives in a micro-culture flask.”

Fletcher chuckled dryly and walked over to the biobed, easily starting basic tests.

"That's much appreciated. I've had my fill with rogue microbes wandering into the crew, what with the living plant that is Lt. Carter. Thanks for your help on that back on Normandie, by the way." He paused for a moment. "Hm. Blood pressure is elevated compared to your history, but everything else checks out. Probably just the inevitable part of moving to a new ship. Nothing to be too worried about, but let me know if you start feeling more stressed, and we might want to manage that." He smiled and put his PADD back down.

"Let me just pull some blood for the usual panels, and we should be good," he added, picking up hyposyringe to pull samples. "While we're waiting on those results, why don't you fill me in on what you've been up to? Any new interesting research?"

<tag>
Retol Ayan
Retol Ayan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Garrett Thu May 17, 2012 6:23 pm

It seemed eons since he had last visited any shipboard medical facility, which was almost a pity, Garrett reflected. While he had no particular fondness for falling ill, a visit to a sickbay was a chance to visit other life science professionals plying their trade. Except you’re not strictly a life science professional anymore. You also do physics and astronomy and chemistry and who the hell knows what else and which of their obscure sub-disciplines. Welcome to being a supervisor! He shook his head. It was possible that this most recent promotion might lead to regular visits to Dr. McNeil to treat acute stomach ulcers, at least until he found his rhythm and adapted to his new job. He passed through the Sickbay doors, lost in thought, until realizing he’d arrived at his destination. He looked around and cleared his throat.

“Doctor McNeil? Anyone? I’m ready for a physical if you’re ready to give it to me.”

"Just a moment!" Fletcher called from his office, finishing his report and rising from his desk. It never failed that when the nurses were off on a break or somewhere else on the ship, someone would wander into Sickbay. He thought briefly of activating the Emergency Medical Hologram to serve as a doorkeeper. Naahh. One could only stand being mocked by the sardonic doctor so much.

He strode out into the main section of the sickbay and smiled at Garrett. "Lt. Garrett," he said. "It's good to see you again. How can I help?" He offered his hand to shake. "Sorry no one was here to greet you. I know Ensign Haro is around somewhere." He chuckled a little.

“They must have you working pretty hard if you’re losing track of a Bolian.” Garrett flashed his easy smile, returning McNeil’s handshake. “Not that I mind seeing you again, either, Doctor. I’ll be an easy patient today; I just figured I’d run in here for the standard medical once-over while I had a minute.”

Fletcher grinned and laughed at the joke. "You'd be surprised," he said. "Nician can be crafty. You'd figure someone that color tone wouldn't be able to sneak up on you when the room is this bland. He's terrified me a few times already," he adds.

He nods and gestures towards the biobed. "Of course. Thanks for being proactive! I have feeling I'll end up having to transport a few people here to get them in." He shook his head. "Fear of medical doctors is one thing I have trouble understanding."

He picked up a PADD. "First off, anything new or different to report since your last physical?" he asked as Garrett got situated.

“I can’t think of much. For a few days on Betazed I thought I’d contracted a GI bug, but I whipped up some herbal brew and that settled things down below. That aside, my health’s been as great as ever. I do try not to bring work outside the lab, especially if it lives in a micro-culture flask.”

Fletcher chuckled dryly and walked over to the biobed, easily starting basic tests.

"That's much appreciated. I've had my fill with rogue microbes wandering into the crew, what with the living plant that is Lt. Carter. Thanks for your help on that back on Normandie, by the way." He paused for a moment. "Hm. Blood pressure is elevated compared to your history, but everything else checks out. Probably just the inevitable part of moving to a new ship. Nothing to be too worried about, but let me know if you start feeling more stressed, and we might want to manage that." He smiled and put his PADD back down.

"Let me just pull some blood for the usual panels, and we should be good," he added, picking up hyposyringe to pull samples. "While we're waiting on those results, why don't you fill me in on what you've been up to? Any new interesting research?"

“Well, speaking of Carter, our friends in xenobotany were all too intrigued by our reports of his new internal garden. I’m still running some tests on the precise composition of what he got hit with, but if I’m on the right track, I think we may be getting some neat new pharmaceuticals out of that misadventure. Who says Intelligence never does anything useful?” Garrett chuckled. "What about you, Doctor? New Sickbay, new staff... are you keeping up with things?"

<tag>
Gerard Garrett
Gerard Garrett

Back to top Go down

Post  Retol Ayan Thu May 24, 2012 9:11 pm

“Well, speaking of Carter, our friends in xenobotany were all too intrigued by our reports of his new internal garden. I’m still running some tests on the precise composition of what he got hit with, but if I’m on the right track, I think we may be getting some neat new pharmaceuticals out of that misadventure. Who says Intelligence never does anything useful?” Garrett chuckled. "What about you, Doctor? New Sickbay, new staff... are you keeping up with things?"

Fletcher leaned against the wall casually. "Barely. I'm amazed at how many of the staff are actually coming in and voluntarily getting their physicals!" He paused to look at the computer readout from Garrett's tests. "I'm used to having to corner people. At least that's out of the way. The facility's nice -- still getting everything where I want it, but my day staff have been wonderful." He looked around the room. "When they're not off somewhere. Have to work on that, I suppose." He smiled briefly and then turned back to the screen. "Everything looks fine, really. Going to give you a Vitamin D supplement for a few weeks, but other than that, clean bill of health."

Fletcher offered him a hypo and a few canisters. "Once a day at the beginning of your shift," he said. "And if you want a second pair of eyes at your new pharmas from Carter, let me know. I can at least help give you an idea who it might work on."

<tag>
Retol Ayan
Retol Ayan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Garrett Tue May 29, 2012 12:51 am

Fletcher leaned against the wall casually. "Barely. I'm amazed at how many of the staff are actually coming in and voluntarily getting their physicals!" He paused to look at the computer readout from Garrett's tests. "I'm used to having to corner people. At least that's out of the way. The facility's nice -- still getting everything where I want it, but my day staff have been wonderful." He looked around the room. "When they're not off somewhere. Have to work on that, I suppose." He smiled briefly and then turned back to the screen. "Everything looks fine, really. Going to give you a Vitamin D supplement for a few weeks, but other than that, clean bill of health."

Fletcher offered him a hypo and a few canisters. "Once a day at the beginning of your shift," he said. "And if you want a second pair of eyes at your new pharmas from Carter, let me know. I can at least help give you an idea who it might work on."

Garrett cradled the supplement in his hands, looking it over as he rose from the biobed. “Be careful what you wish for. I might hold you to it, considering how rare animal physiologists are out here.” He rolled his neck, eyes closed, and nodded at the physician. “Thanks for the checkup.” He took several steps toward the door, then looked over his shoulder, evaluating the fellow crewman who’d just evaluated him. Gods know you could use the company of a life scientist. He might be the only person out here you could really talk to... these physicists and astronomers get a little dry. “Doctor? Look for me if you ever visit the Violet Lounge. I’ve got all kinds of physicists and astronomers to look after now… anybody who knows practical biology would be welcome company.”

<tag>

Last edited by Gerard Garrett on Tue May 29, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the tag.)
Gerard Garrett
Gerard Garrett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down