Providence Fleet Yards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission 2 JP - Autumn/Eiri/Ayan

3 posters

Go down

Mission 2 JP - Autumn/Eiri/Ayan Empty Mission 2 JP - Autumn/Eiri/Ayan

Post  Virkov Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:15 am

Ready Room, USS Rhode Island
January 12, 2387, 1800 hrs

“Wow...to tell you the truth ma’am, I’d hoped never to see any mention of this damned thing ever again, if you’ll pardon my language.”

“I know, Lieutenant. But when I looked up recent activity involving Harkening, your name was one of the first that came up. I guess it’s not as big a secret as SFI wants it to be.”

“Well, no,” the young man on Autumn’s computer screen stated. “I filed a rather extensive report with the late Commodore Blake and Admiral Galen. I wanted to make sure that the actions taken that day were filed correctly, and through the proper channels. I don’t know that anything came of it.”

“Something did come of it, Julian,” Autumn responded. “The problem we face now is that no one is quite sure what to do about it. Every report I’m reading states that the virus is so deadly that people are just unwilling to go near it, and those that are willing tend not to report back. It’s bad. Much worse than I remember when I dealt with it in its infancy on the Olympic.”

Autumn looked up from her computer as the doorchime sounded.

“That’d be Ayan and Eiri,” she said. “I’ve gotta go Julian. Thank you for your help. I’m sure I’ll be in touch further.”

He nodded, and said “Aye sir. Give them my love, and apologize for me that I couldn’t make it to their wedding. Let me know if you need any more help. I’m sure the Yorktown and Captain Morkan can spare me for something of this caliber. Durand out.”

Autumn stood, taking a sip of her tea, and said “Come in!”

[TAG Eiri/Ayan for entrance]

“Hello gentlemen,” Autumn said through a forced smile. “I have PADDs here for the both of you. As a warning, I’m about to drag up an old wound that you’d rather stay closed. Take a few moments to look over the data, and let me know if you have any questions.

[TAG for responses]
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

https://providencefleetyards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission 2 JP - Autumn/Eiri/Ayan Empty Re: Mission 2 JP - Autumn/Eiri/Ayan

Post  Shras/Eiri Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm

“Wow...to tell you the truth ma’am, I’d hoped never to see any mention of this damned thing ever again, if you’ll pardon my language.”

“I know, Lieutenant. But when I looked up recent activity involving Harkening, your name was one of the first that came up. I guess it’s not as big a secret as SFI wants it to be.”

“Well, no,” the young man on Autumn’s computer screen stated. “I filed a rather extensive report with the late Commodore Blake and Admiral Galen. I wanted to make sure that the actions taken that day were filed correctly, and through the proper channels. I don’t know that anything came of it.”

“Something did come of it, Julian,” Autumn responded. “The problem we face now is that no one is quite sure what to do about it. Every report I’m reading states that the virus is so deadly that people are just unwilling to go near it, and those that are willing tend not to report back. It’s bad. Much worse than I remember when I dealt with it in its infancy on the Olympic.”

“That’d be Ayan and Eiri,” she said. “I’ve gotta go Julian. Thank you for your help. I’m sure I’ll be in touch further.”

He nodded, and said “Aye sir. Give them my love, and apologize for me that I couldn’t make it to their wedding. Let me know if you need any more help. I’m sure the Yorktown and Captain Morkan can spare me for something of this caliber. Durand out.”

[TAG Eiri/Ayan for entrance]

It took Eiri a few moments to get to the bridge from his office. He stood at attention for a few moments before dropping into a more relaxed stance. He could feel that something was wrong. Very wrong. All he was getting from Autumn was the word "virus".

“Hello gentlemen,” Autumn said through a forced smile. “I have PADDs here for the both of you. As a warning, I’m about to drag up an old wound that you’d rather stay closed. Take a few moments to look over the data, and let me know if you have any questions.

[TAG for responses]

Eiri picked up the PADD with trepidation. As he went over the material he gasped. "No! Oh no... but I thought this virus was taken care of. We don't even know it's vectors or how it functions. We can not expose the crew to this. I do not care how broken his ship is. We can tow him somewhere and they can quarentine him there. Captain this is a big risk to the crew." He looked at Autumn his eyes filled with concern.
Shras/Eiri
Shras/Eiri

http://kyphi5.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Retol Ayan Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Ayan strode into the office, having left the conn in the capable hands of the relief officer. "Ma'am," he said politely, nodding his head to her and stepping out of the way for Eiri to enter. He smiled a little bit at his husband as he entered.

It took Eiri a few moments to get to the bridge from his office. He stood at attention for a few moments before dropping into a more relaxed stance. He could feel that something was wrong. Very wrong. All he was getting from Autumn was the word "virus".

Eiri picked up the PADD with trepidation. As he went over the material he gasped. "No! Oh no... but I thought this virus was taken care of. We don't even know it's vectors or how it functions. We can not expose the crew to this. I do not care how broken his ship is. We can tow him somewhere and they can quarentine him there. Captain this is a big risk to the crew." He looked at Autumn his eyes filled with concern.

Ayan had been reading the PADD as he walked over to an open seat. "Oh," he said simply. "The mission that didn't happen with the virus that didn't exist around the Romulan warbird that wasn't destroyed with the Cardiassians who were never there and the SFI people who didn't exist." His face scrunched up, as though he had eaten something tart and unpleasant. "This stuff gives me a headache." He shook his head. "I saw some of the Doc's notes on this. Bad stuff. Recommend 500,000 kilometer distance and no contact, if possible." He looked up at Autumn. "But I have a feeling you already knew that, didn't you, Ma'am?" he asked, starting to think they were going to get more involved than he might like.

[tag tag tagaroo]
Retol Ayan
Retol Ayan

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Ayan strode into the office, having left the conn in the capable hands of the relief officer. "Ma'am," he said politely, nodding his head to her and stepping out of the way for Eiri to enter. He smiled a little bit at his husband as he entered.

Ayan had been reading the PADD as he walked over to an open seat. "Oh," he said simply. "The mission that didn't happen with the virus that didn't exist around the Romulan warbird that wasn't destroyed with the Cardiassians who were never there and the SFI people who didn't exist." His face scrunched up, as though he had eaten something tart and unpleasant. "This stuff gives me a headache." He shook his head. "I saw some of the Doc's notes on this. Bad stuff. Recommend 500,000 kilometer distance and no contact, if possible." He looked up at Autumn. "But I have a feeling you already knew that, didn't you, Ma'am?" he asked, starting to think they were going to get more involved than he might like.

"There's a distinct difference in the way this one is behaving though. It's not causing near instantaneous death, and it's not spreading as quickly as it should. I think we're dealing with either a different strain, or a mutated form here. I'd like to get onto pouring over this sensor data and seeing if we can discover anything useful. Eiri, please meet with the medical staff to get that taken care of. Ayan, you've had some basic experience, I'd like you to join up with them and offer any assistance you can. If my suspicions are correct, we stand a chance to do something no one's ever done before: wipe out a strain of Harkening," Autumn said with a serious tone.

[Tag]
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

https://providencefleetyards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:56 pm

OOC: POKE! If there's no objections I'm gonna post this Smile
Virkov
Virkov
Admin