Providence Fleet Yards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eiri/Aaryn

2 posters

Go down

Eiri/Aaryn Empty Re: Eiri/Aaryn

Post  Dr. Aaryn McClain Fri May 25, 2012 8:50 pm

[Deck 7, Couselor's Office]

Aaryn had always known being a healer required a certain degree of flexibility. Even before entering Starfleet, she understood the best healers had to adapt to different cultures, value systems, and even changing circumstances, with humor and grace.

Today, she felt neither graceful, nor humorous. Today she just felt out of breath. Thanks to an emergency aboard her last posting, she nearly missed the boarding window for her new one.

Smoothing her uniform one last time, she rang the chime outside Counselor Ashshy's office and took a calming breath.

Eiri stood from behind his desk and pulled on the hem of his uniform. "Enter!" he called out and then focused on who was behind the door and was happy to find Lieutenant JG Aaryn McClain. She was slotted to assist counseling and medical both, as needed. He had been anxious to meet her. He pulled on his uniform one last time and smiled.

"Hello, sir. Dr. Aaryn McClain, reporting for duty," she added respectfully, stepping forward and assuming a somewhat proper posture. It didn't really fit who she was, but she wanted to make a decent first impression.

"You don't have to worry about rank in here. I'm Eiri." He offered a hand for shaking.

Aaryn smiled and returned the handshake, but made sure not to relax too much out of respect.

"So, I hear you've come to help us out. Please, have a seat. Would you like something to drink?" He gestured to the sofa and two chairs with a low table in the middle. In the center of the table sat a Tibetan singing bowl. "This is the office we'll be sharing... since there is not really a proper office for counseling."

Aaryn took a seat on the offered sofa and asked, "May I have a raktajino, please?" McClain looked around and noted the bowl on the table but refrained from inquiring for the moment. She was informal concerning rank, but rather focused on work. She liked the way he phrased why she had come. "Yes, I've come to assist in medical and counseling. I will be sure to divide my time as fairly as possible and try not to step on too many toes. Honestly, some people hear of my dual specialties and fear I'm a bit of an elitist. I really just value both roles equally and want to help where I can. I am curious, though, about why there's no proper counseling office? I realize the ship is small and not strictly dedicated to our field, but I would have thought you'd merit your own space. Are you sure you don't mind sharing?"

Eiri returned to the table with a cup of raktajino and a Vulcan spiced tea for himself. He offered her the cup before sitting in the chair opposite the sofa. "I completely understand, Aaryn. I have the same problem sometimes. Dual roles that is. I am so interested in science and species identification that sometimes I forget I am a counselor," he joked. "I do not mind sharing at all if you do not mind my rather odd collection of objects. I have gathered them from all corners of the quadrant." He smiled. "Each helpful in its own way. So many people respond differently to different meditation techniques that I like to keep a little bit of everything on hand. Feel free to give them out if something seems to speak to someone. I can always go to the matter replicator and get more."

"I do have some things I would like to talk to you about though. For obvious reasons you will have to be my husband's counselor. Is that going to be a problem?" He looked hopeful that it would not be an issue.

"Not at all," McClain replied. "I want every member of the crew to know he or she can come to one or both of us confidentially, and that includes your husband. Are you comfortable with not knowing the details of our sessions, even if they involve something that would normally be reported to you?"

Dr. Aaryn McClain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri Sun May 27, 2012 9:42 pm

[Deck 7, Counselor's Office]

Aaryn had always known being a healer required a certain degree of flexibility. Even before entering Starfleet, she understood the best healers had to adapt to different cultures, value systems, and even changing circumstances, with humor and grace.

Today, she felt neither graceful, nor humorous. Today she just felt out of breath. Thanks to an emergency aboard her last posting, she nearly missed the boarding window for her new one.

Smoothing her uniform one last time, she rang the chime outside Counselor Ashshy's office and took a calming breath.

Eiri stood from behind his desk and pulled on the hem of his uniform. "Enter!" he called out and then focused on who was behind the door and was happy to find Lieutenant JG Aaryn McClain. She was slotted to assist counseling and medical both, as needed. He had been anxious to meet her. He pulled on his uniform one last time and smiled.

"Hello, sir. Dr. Aaryn McClain, reporting for duty," she added respectfully, stepping forward and assuming a somewhat proper posture. It didn't really fit who she was, but she wanted to make a decent first impression.

"You don't have to worry about rank in here. I'm Eiri." He offered a hand for shaking.

Aaryn smiled and returned the handshake, but made sure not to relax too much out of respect.

"So, I hear you've come to help us out. Please, have a seat. Would you like something to drink?" He gestured to the sofa and two chairs with a low table in the middle. In the center of the table sat a Tibetan singing bowl. "This is the office we'll be sharing... since there is not really a proper office for counseling."

Aaryn took a seat on the offered sofa and asked, "May I have a raktajino, please?" McClain looked around and noted the bowl on the table but refrained from inquiring for the moment. She was informal concerning rank, but rather focused on work. She liked the way he phrased why she had come. "Yes, I've come to assist in medical and counseling. I will be sure to divide my time as fairly as possible and try not to step on too many toes. Honestly, some people hear of my dual specialties and fear I'm a bit of an elitist. I really just value both roles equally and want to help where I can. I am curious, though, about why there's no proper counseling office? I realize the ship is small and not strictly dedicated to our field, but I would have thought you'd merit your own space. Are you sure you don't mind sharing?"

Eiri returned to the table with a cup of raktajino and a Vulcan spiced tea for himself. He offered her the cup before sitting in the chair opposite the sofa. "I completely understand, Aaryn. I have the same problem sometimes. Dual roles that is. I am so interested in science and species identification that sometimes I forget I am a counselor," he joked. "I do not mind sharing at all if you do not mind my rather odd collection of objects. I have gathered them from all corners of the quadrant." He smiled. "Each helpful in its own way. So many people respond differently to different meditation techniques that I like to keep a little bit of everything on hand. Feel free to give them out if something seems to speak to someone. I can always go to the matter replicator and get more."

"I do have some things I would like to talk to you about though. For obvious reasons you will have to be my husband's counselor. Is that going to be a problem?" He looked hopeful that it would not be an issue.

"Not at all," McClain replied. "I want every member of the crew to know he or she can come to one or both of us confidentially, and that includes your husband. Are you comfortable with not knowing the details of our sessions, even if they involve something that would normally be reported to you?"

"Of course! I would hope that you could keep his sessions to yourself, that would be terribly unprofessional of me to even ask." He chuckled and took a sip from his tea. "I know that there will be several crew members that have served with me for so long they will be glad of a new face," he teased. "So how do you suggest we get started. I can share how I do things. I am sure you have your own ways, but we should agree on a report that is consistent."

<tag>
Shras/Eiri
Shras/Eiri

http://kyphi5.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Aaryn McClain Tue May 29, 2012 7:01 pm

"Of course! I would hope that you could keep his sessions to yourself, that would be terribly unprofessional of me to even ask." He chuckled and took a sip from his tea. "I know that there will be several crew members that have served with me for so long they will be glad of a new face," he teased. "So how do you suggest we get started. I can share how I do things. I am sure you have your own ways, but we should agree on a report that is consistent."

Aaryn smiled, already feeling at ease. It was clear Eiri understood where she was coming from and yet wasn't so focused on work as to be unfriendly. "A report? I'm not sure what ways you're referring to."

Dr. Aaryn McClain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri Wed May 30, 2012 1:21 am

Aaryn smiled, already feeling at ease. It was clear Eiri understood where she was coming from and yet wasn't so focused on work as to be unfriendly. "A report? I'm not sure what ways you're referring to."

"Well, for each appointment we have, we have to make an official report to the captain. I have a value system that I rate each individual with. It does not break any of their confidentiality, but it gives the captain an idea of what kind of individuals are on the ship." He got up from his chair and gathered up a PADD from his desk. "I'll send you the files and of course you are welcome to look at any of the reports I have already filed to get an idea of what I mean. You should have my notes in your PADD now."

<Tag>
Shras/Eiri
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Aaryn McClain Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 pm

"Well, for each appointment we have, we have to make an official report to the captain. I have a value system that I rate each individual with. It does not break any of their confidentiality, but it gives the captain an idea of what kind of individuals are on the ship." He got up from his chair and gathered up a PADD from his desk. "I'll send you the files and of course you are welcome to look at any of the reports I have already filed to get an idea of what I mean. You should have my notes in your PADD now."

"Thank you," Aaryn replied. "I welcome any opportunity to explore new approaches to my work. I find it keeps interest fresh."

Dr. Aaryn McClain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shras/Eiri Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:05 pm

"Thank you," Aaryn replied. "I welcome any opportunity to explore new approaches to my work. I find it keeps interest fresh."

Eiri smiled warmly. "I think this is going to work out wonderfully."

{{Wanna wrap it up here? Or do you have more you think they should go over? I'm good either way. Smile }}
Shras/Eiri
Shras/Eiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down