Providence Fleet Yards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tr'Delatham & Darby-Holmes

2 posters

Go down

tr'Delatham & Darby-Holmes Empty tr'Delatham & Darby-Holmes

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:30 am

USS Rhode Island, Captain's Ready Room
1022 hours

There were many differences between the Romulan Star Empire's and the Federation's military, but Galan found the most irritating one, albeit rarely mentioned, was the colors. The Federation had colorful uniforms, colorful buttons and lights, colorful hair and even colorful skins with the different types of species running around. It was a stark contrast compared to the empire's mostly grey environment.

The eye-straining change in scenery had giving Galan a headache on his first few days aboard the Rhode Island, or at least that's what he guessed caused it. And that headache had returned today, the day he choose to make a customary visit to his new, alien, captain.

After having spent a good amount of time rubbing the sides of his forehead, the romulan solider rung the chime to the Captain's Ready Room and straightened out his posture.

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

tr'Delatham & Darby-Holmes Empty Re: tr'Delatham & Darby-Holmes

Post  Virkov Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:43 pm

1022 hours

There were many differences between the Romulan Star Empire's and the Federation's military, but Galan found the most irritating one, albeit rarely mentioned, was the colors. The Federation had colorful uniforms, colorful buttons and lights, colorful hair and even colorful skins with the different types of species running around. It was a stark contrast compared to the empire's mostly grey environment.

The eye-straining change in scenery had giving Galan a headache on his first few days aboard the Rhode Island, or at least that's what he guessed caused it. And that headache had returned today, the day he choose to make a customary visit to his new, alien, captain.

After having spent a good amount of time rubbing the sides of his forehead, the romulan solider rung the chime to the Captain's Ready Room and straightened out his posture.

Autumn looked up from her flurry of reports, at the unexpected chime and said "Enter."

<tag for entrance>

"Ah!" Autumn said, standing and formally extending her hand. "Welcome aboard, Centurion. I'm looking forward to working alongside you. From what I've been able to glean from the small bit of your service record, you come highly recommended. I trust your trip was a pleasant one?"

<tag>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

https://providencefleetyards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:26 pm

1022 hours

Autumn looked up from her flurry of reports, at the unexpected chime and said "Enter."

The door opened with a soft hiss and Galan stepped across the threshold, clasping his hands behind his back.

"Ah!" Autumn said, standing and formally extending her hand. "Welcome aboard, Centurion. I'm looking forward to working alongside you. From what I've been able to glean from the small bit of your service record, you come highly recommended. I trust your trip was a pleasant one?"

Galan paused to stare at her hand for a moment, then shook it while he spoke. "Thank you, captain. The trip has been... entertaining, and I'm sure it'll continue to be from what the Empire knows about you." His lips creased into a thin, ominous smile as he broke off the shake, hands once more clasping behind his back.

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:36 pm

1022 hours

The door opened with a soft hiss and Galan stepped across the threshold, clasping his hands behind his back.

Galan paused to stare at her hand for a moment, then shook it while he spoke. "Thank you, captain. The trip has been... entertaining, and I'm sure it'll continue to be from what the Empire knows about you." His lips creased into a thin, ominous smile as he broke off the shake, hands once more clasping behind his back.

"Quite," she smiled tersely. She stood in silence for a moment, letting it sink in, before saying "Tell me, what do you know of the area of space that my people call the Gavarian Frontier? I understand that as far as the Romulan Senate is concerned, it's a hotly contested area of space."

<tag>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:35 pm

1022 hours

"Quite," she smiled tersely. She stood in silence for a moment, letting it sink in, before saying "Tell me, what do you know of the area of space that my people call the Gavarian Frontier? I understand that as far as the Romulan Senate is concerned, it's a hotly contested area of space."

"Very little, I'm afraid," he lied. A pang of pain shot through his head, causing him to flinch before continuing. "I'm just a common solider, captain. What I do know is obvious; the senate is unhappy with the growing Federation presence in the frontier. And, for your own safety, it would be best to give any Romulan installations a wide berth."

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:08 am

1022 hours

"Very little, I'm afraid," he lied. A pang of pain shot through his head, causing him to flinch before continuing. "I'm just a common solider, captain. What I do know is obvious; the senate is unhappy with the growing Federation presence in the frontier. And, for your own safety, it would be best to give any Romulan installations a wide berth."

With a coy smile, Autumn replied "Ah, have no fear about that Centurion. I have no desire to go stirring trouble where it doesn't need stirred. As a common soldier, how much experience have you had in the field of Starship Operations?"

<tag>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 pm

1022 hours

With a coy smile, Autumn replied "Ah, have no fear about that Centurion. I have no desire to go stirring trouble where it doesn't need stirred. As a common soldier, how much experience have you had in the field of Starship Operations?"

He nodded and pretended not to notice the captain's smile. "Twenty three years of Operations experience on the IRW Saeihr."

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:57 am

1022 hours

He nodded and pretended not to notice the captain's smile. "Twenty three years of Operations experience on the IRW Saeihr."

"Very nice," Autumn said. "Well, without making this too hard on either of us, I'm going to just be blunt with you. If you're here for sabotage or espionage, there isn't really much that I can do to stop you with so little crew aboard. That said, I would like to point out that I am a woman who just lost her previous command to the Borg, and I won't be losing one to anyone else, be it Romulans, Borg, or any other faction in this galaxy bent on doing the Federation harm. You are here that our two cultures may learn from each other in the spirit of friendship. I take this very seriously, or I would not have agreed to house a diplomatic exchange officer aboard. Learn from us, as we I'm certain will learn from you. Do we have an understanding, Centurion tr'Deletham?"

<tag>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:45 am

1022 hours

"Very nice," Autumn said. "Well, without making this too hard on either of us, I'm going to just be blunt with you. If you're here for sabotage or espionage, there isn't really much that I can do to stop you with so little crew aboard. That said, I would like to point out that I am a woman who just lost her previous command to the Borg, and I won't be losing one to anyone else, be it Romulans, Borg, or any other faction in this galaxy bent on doing the Federation harm. You are here that our two cultures may learn from each other in the spirit of friendship. I take this very seriously, or I would not have agreed to house a diplomatic exchange officer aboard. Learn from us, as we I'm certain will learn from you. Do we have an understanding, Centurion tr'Deletham?"

Autumn's sudden bluntness surprised Galan. Although, for a moment, she reminded him of Sela, which helped him force a fake smile before answering. "Understood, sir. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I'm not here to do any harm to your ship or crew."

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 am

1022 hours

Autumn's sudden bluntness surprised Galan. Although, for a moment, she reminded him of Sela, which helped him force a fake smile before answering. "Understood, sir. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I'm not here to do any harm to your ship or crew."

"Good enough for me," Autumn smiled. "Do you have any questions for me before I send you on your way to get adjusted and acquainted with the ship?"

<tag>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:36 pm

1022 hours

"Good enough for me," Autumn smiled. "Do you have any questions for me before I send you on your way to get adjusted and acquainted with the ship?"

"I do have a question, captain, about a more personal matter. Before we move past the most colorful subject of sabotage, subterfuge, espionage and paranoia, I want bring up the fact that I'd like to keep in contact with my family during my time on the Rhode Island, whenever possible. Which means I'll be openly sending messages to Romulan space. I foresee security having a problem with this. In order to help sooth their worries, is there any way I can get your explicit permission to send my messages? Preferably without any invasion of my privacy."

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:05 pm

1022 hours

"I do have a question, captain, about a more personal matter. Before we move past the most colorful subject of sabotage, subterfuge, espionage and paranoia, I want bring up the fact that I'd like to keep in contact with my family during my time on the Rhode Island, whenever possible. Which means I'll be openly sending messages to Romulan space. I foresee security having a problem with this. In order to help sooth their worries, is there any way I can get your explicit permission to send my messages? Preferably without any invasion of my privacy."

Autumn quickly punched a few commands out onto a PADD, and extended it to tr'Deletham. "This is my personal encrypted code for sending communications to family. It will bypass all security protocol aboard the Rhode Island. That said, I cannot promise you that our Intelligence Officer won't occasionally be snooping around your messages, as he does everyone's. I can politely ask that he not do it, but as I'm sure you know, obeying all orders from a CO is rarely in an Intelligence Officer's line of duty. It's the best I can offer. Abuse it, and I will be very displeased."

<Tag/End if you like>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down