Providence Fleet Yards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darby-Holmes & tr'Deletham 2

2 posters

Go down

Darby-Holmes & tr'Deletham 2 Empty Darby-Holmes & tr'Deletham 2

Post  Virkov Thu May 17, 2012 11:38 am

Ready Room, USS Rhode Island
January 11, 2387, 1600 hrs

Autumn sat across her desk looking at the Romulan Centurion she'd accepted as her Chief of Operations, worrying her hand across her mug of tea. She did her best to hide the emotions running rampant in her mind, and briefly wondered whether he was able to detect them anyway, before letting the thought wash over her like a wave.

Looking directly up at him, she said "I have...some unfortunate news. It's...god...this is the worst news I think I've ever had to deliver, and I'm truly unfathomably sorry that you have to hear it from someone who's no better than a stranger to you. So please just let me say it, and we can move on from there."

She took a swig of her tea, and said "I've just received a priority alert from Starfleet. Hobus has gone supernova. The subspace shockwave has destroyed everything in a very large radius, including Romulus and Remus. I don't know the extent of the casualties, nor do I know the state of the Romulan Star Empire. Everything is...in a state of chaos right now, and I'm hearing all kinds of things. We've been redeployed to render as much assistance as we can, and as soon as we're done here, I'm going to head to the bridge and make an announcement to the rest of the crew. I just thought...that you should be the first to know."

<tag>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

https://providencefleetyards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Darby-Holmes & tr'Deletham 2 Empty Re: Darby-Holmes & tr'Deletham 2

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Thu May 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Autumn sat across her desk looking at the Romulan Centurion she'd accepted as her Chief of Operations, worrying her hand across her mug of tea. She did her best to hide the emotions running rampant in her mind, and briefly wondered whether he was able to detect them anyway, before letting the thought wash over her like a wave.

Looking directly up at him, she said "I have...some unfortunate news. It's...god...this is the worst news I think I've ever had to deliver, and I'm truly unfathomably sorry that you have to hear it from someone who's no better than a stranger to you. So please just let me say it, and we can move on from there."

She took a swig of her tea, and said "I've just received a priority alert from Starfleet. Hobus has gone supernova. The subspace shockwave has destroyed everything in a very large radius, including Romulus and Remus. I don't know the extent of the casualties, nor do I know the state of the Romulan Star Empire. Everything is...in a state of chaos right now, and I'm hearing all kinds of things. We've been redeployed to render as much assistance as we can, and as soon as we're done here, I'm going to head to the bridge and make an announcement to the rest of the crew. I just thought...that you should be the first to know."

The Romulan's face went blank with shock as he absorbed the information. He made every effort not to feel anything once it processed, to distance himself from all but unbearable emotion, but he was unable to stem it. Anger replaced shock, frustration drowned out logic, and so he lashed out at the only other person in the room.

"HA! HAHA! You act like you care, putting on a mask of infuriating Federation morality that you think makes you so great, 'captain'." His eyes darkened with rage. "But I know under that mask you're smiling because your enemy just took a deadly blow. As for this assistance you're offering...I'm sure the Federation sees this as a perfect chance to move in and attempt to assimilate any survivors. To deal the final blow to the Empire!" Galan lowered his head and immediately regretted what he said. It had come out like word vomit.

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Thu May 17, 2012 2:17 pm

The Romulan's face went blank with shock as he absorbed the information. He made every effort not to feel anything once it processed, to distance himself from all but unbearable emotion, but he was unable to stem it. Anger replaced shock, frustration drowned out logic, and so he lashed out at the only other person in the room.

"HA! HAHA! You act like you care, putting on a mask of infuriating Federation morality that you think makes you so great, 'captain'." His eyes darkened with rage. "But I know under that mask you're smiling because your enemy just took a deadly blow. As for this assistance you're offering...I'm sure the Federation sees this as a perfect chance to move in and attempt to assimilate any survivors. To deal the final blow to the Empire!" Galan lowered his head and immediately regretted what he said. It had come out like word vomit.

Autumn blinked in shock at the emotional outlash. With the tone of a mother consoling a wounded child, she responded "If that's truly what you think of the Federation, then perhaps this exchange program was a very bad idea in the first place. All that we have ever wanted is peace between the Empire and the Federation, friendship and collaboration. We want nothing of assimilation. That is the realm of the Borg."

She laid her hands flat on her desk, and said "This is going to be a trying time. For everyone. I can't possibly fathom what's going through your head at the moment. I can't possibly hope to understand the emotions that are raging within you bubbling up over the surface. What I can imagine is this: you are an officer aboard a United Federation of Planets Starship, and we take care of our own, Centurion. My offer for assistance, of any kind, is genuine. You may take it at face value, or believe that I have some ulterior motive as you desire. The choice is yours. Tell me what you want."

<tag>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Thu May 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Autumn blinked in shock at the emotional outlash. With the tone of a mother consoling a wounded child, she responded "If that's truly what you think of the Federation, then perhaps this exchange program was a very bad idea in the first place. All that we have ever wanted is peace between the Empire and the Federation, friendship and collaboration. We want nothing of assimilation. That is the realm of the Borg."

She laid her hands flat on her desk, and said "This is going to be a trying time. For everyone. I can't possibly fathom what's going through your head at the moment. I can't possibly hope to understand the emotions that are raging within you bubbling up over the surface. What I can imagine is this: you are an officer aboard a United Federation of Planets Starship, and we take care of our own, Centurion. My offer for assistance, of any kind, is genuine. You may take it at face value, or believe that I have some ulterior motive as you desire. The choice is yours. Tell me what you want."

Galan winced at the captains answer. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't of said any of that. I want to think your assistance is genuine. It is probably crucial to my people right now. But, captain, I don't think every Romulan survivor you encounter will accept your help with opens arms. I'm sure you're aware of that though," he said, trying to take hold of himself and make his affect as calm as possible.

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Fri May 18, 2012 10:56 am

Galan winced at the captains answer. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that. I want to think your assistance is genuine. It is probably crucial to my people right now. But, captain, I don't think every Romulan survivor you encounter will accept your help with opens arms. I'm sure you're aware of that though," he said, trying to take hold of himself and make his affect as calm as possible.

"Trust me," she began, "I have no illusions that the citizens of the Empire will immediately flock to us with open arms, trusting in the help we're offering. I know that as a general rule, you are a secretive and secluded people. However, there is a part of me that hopes that the Senate and Government of the Empire will at least not interfere with any attempts by civilians to seek out aid from those who would openly offer it. It's a slim hope, but I'm an optimist."

She stood, returning her now empty mug of tea to the replicator, and watched for a moment as the swirling white energy reclaimed it.

"I have no hopes of glory, honor and valor, Centurion. I'm not a member of Starfleet to make a name for myself. I swore an oath to first do no harm, and that is what I intend to do. I intend to deliver as much help to as many as I possibly can. I expect you to assist me in that goal, no more no less. Now...do you want to make the announcement, or would you like me to? It might have more...poignancy if it comes from you."

<tag>
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Sat May 19, 2012 12:20 am

Galan winced at the captains answer. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that. I want to think your assistance is genuine. It is probably crucial to my people right now. But, captain, I don't think every Romulan survivor you encounter will accept your help with opens arms. I'm sure you're aware of that though," he said, trying to take hold of himself and make his affect as calm as possible.

"Trust me," she began, "I have no illusions that the citizens of the Empire will immediately flock to us with open arms, trusting in the help we're offering. I know that as a general rule, you are a secretive and secluded people. However, there is a part of me that hopes that the Senate and Government of the Empire will at least not interfere with any attempts by civilians to seek out aid from those who would openly offer it. It's a slim hope, but I'm an optimist."

She stood, returning her now empty mug of tea to the replicator, and watched for a moment as the swirling white energy reclaimed it.

"I have no hopes of glory, honor and valor, Centurion. I'm not a member of Starfleet to make a name for myself. I swore an oath to first do no harm, and that is what I intend to do. I intend to deliver as much help to as many as I possibly can. I expect you to assist me in that goal, no more no less. Now...do you want to make the announcement, or would you like me to? It might have more...poignancy if it comes from you."

The centurion's gaze rose and fixed upon the captain's. He wondered if she'd prove to be as trustworthy as she seemed. Luckily for him, if she didn't, she wouldn't be able to lower his opinion of Starfleet officers much more than it already was. However, that was not the thought at the forefront of his mind.

After several seconds of thought, Galan replied, "Yes...I think I'd like to make the announcement." He paused again. "Captain, will you keep me informed if you hear any more news about the Empire?"

<tag>
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Virkov Mon May 21, 2012 11:20 am

The centurion's gaze rose and fixed upon the captain's. He wondered if she'd prove to be as trustworthy as she seemed. Luckily for him, if she didn't, she wouldn't be able to lower his opinion of Starfleet officers much more than it already was. However, that was not the thought at the forefront of his mind.

After several seconds of thought, Galan replied, "Yes...I think I'd like to make the announcement." He paused again. "Captain, will you keep me informed if you hear any more news about the Empire?"

She nodded emphatically and said "Of course. Any news I have I'll get to you as soon as I hear it, you have my word."

<tag to end post>
OOC: Go ahead and post it to mission postings once you're done Smile
Virkov
Virkov
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Galan tr'Delatham Mon May 21, 2012 8:43 pm

(OOC: I don't really have anything worth adding so I'll just post it.)
Galan tr'Delatham
Galan tr'Delatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down